With the dawning of a new year comes new interior home décor trends most people will find refreshing and helpful. So, without further ado, here are a few of the interior décor trends you can expect.
1. What’s Old Is New AgainWhile styles come and go, it’s the nostalgia that’s playing a big role in today’s interior décor trends. Styles from the Victorian era, Art Deco, and even grand millennial aesthetics are making a comeback as many people wish longingly for what used to be in a world so full of uncertainty and strife.
2. Easy To Clean Is Always GoodWe’ll be seeing lots of easy to clean fabrics and surfaces. Expect non-porous surfaces like glass and metal to be part of many home renovations as they deter the growth and spread of bacteria. Also, the kid-friendly, durable, stain-proof fabric will take center stage where applicable.
3. Warm, Cozy ColorsEarthy tones and warm neutrals will be popular as we begin making our homes cozier places to be. Today’s trend is organic shades like Camel, which adds a layer of warmth and hominess gray just doesn’t have.
4. Calming Shades Of BlueColor has a big impact on our emotions, which is why shades of soft blue will be trending this year. The calming effect this shade has on the mind will help alleviate some of the stress we’re all feeling as we stay quarantined in our homes. Blue is a timeless color that never seems to go out of style, making it a great choice for a fresh look.
5. Natural Materials Aren’t Going AnywhereWood tones, organic materials, and natural accents are going to be extremely popular.
6. Say Goodbye To The Open Floor PlanIn years past, the open floor plan, where one room flows seamlessly into the next, was valued as it brought the family closer together.
This realization puts open floor plans on the outs and closed floor plans at the top of many homeowner’s renovation plans.