Here are several upgrades that can transform your outdoor spaces into areas you’ll want to spend time in.
1. Hang A HammockWho doesn’t like lying in a hammock on a warm, breezy day? If you have two trees within hammock-hanging distance of each other, or, even if you don’t (you can install your own poles for hanging), you can hang a hammock or some other swinging-type seating to enjoy the great outdoors in.
2. Hang Lanterns Or String Lights In Your YardJust as lighting plays a big role in the ambiance inside your home, it can also lend a warm, relaxing vibe to your outdoor spaces, too. Try hanging decorative lanterns or stinging pretty lights across your yard or along a fence for a rustic look that begs you to enjoy it once the sun sets.
3. Play Around With SeatingGone are the days when patio furniture had to match. These days, you have a multitude of options when it comes to outdoor seating. If you like collecting individual pieces and creating your own seating arrangement, go for it to create an outdoor seating area that portrays your personal style.
4. Accent With TextilesMake your outdoor space fun and exciting by adding accents in bright colors and textures. From area rugs and throw pillows to slipcovers and more, you can make an extension of your indoor living area.
Just be sure to choose fabrics that are designed to withstand the elements, so you don’t have to worry about storing any of your accents when the weather turns foul.
5. Consider Your Outdoor ActivitiesHow will you use your outdoor space? Not only should it be comfortable and inviting, but it should also be functional. By adding a fireplace, you create a warm atmosphere that enables you to use the space during colder months. You can also add an outdoor kitchen, which will enable you to cook and dine outside on those beautiful summer evenings.
Hopefully, the upgrades above will help you create an outdoor space that you love to spend time in.