Vernon is an excellent place to raise a family! With great schools, child-friendly amenities, and plenty of outdoor recreation, there’s no better spot to create your nest.
Recreational activities abound in Vernon, all year long.
- Find hiking and biking opportunities for all skill levels
- Enjoy warm weather family fun at the beaches, pools, or the fun-filled local parks
- Visit the Atlantis Waterslides, the Kangaroo Farm, or the Oyama Zipline
- Explore the changing, hands-on exhibits at the Okanagan Science Centre
- Catch an evening movie at the Starlight Drive-In in Enderby
- Davison Orchards welcomes families for old-fashioned autumn fun
- Historic O’Keefe Ranch showcases Vernon’s heritage
- Head to the hills in winter for skiing, snowshoeing, and sledding
- Celebrate the season at Vernon’s annual Winter Carnival
Find excellent schools in the city and the surrounding areas
- Vernon Public Schools operate 14 elementary schools and 5 secondary schools
- Strong academic, Arts, and applied skills programs
- French Immersion, Aboriginal education, and International exchange options
- Several private, faith-based educational schools
Vernon offers endless opportunities for family fun!
With so much available to support families, Vernon is the place to make a lifetime of memories.