Charming Armstrong, just 15 minutes north of Vernon, is the center of a thriving farming community. Surrounded by the beautiful Spallumcheen Valley, this region offers the quintessential rural lifestyle. Around 10,000 locals call Armstrong and Spallumcheen home.
Settled in the 1800’s, the city of Armstrong still, showcases much of its “old west” character. Pretty downtown streets boast antique stores, artisan shops, and famous local cheeses. The heritage architecture and working farms provide a historic feel to this area, but Armstrong offers plenty of modern amenities for residents.
Convenient access to Vernon city center and a quaint downtown with all of the necessities make Armstrong and the Spallumcheen Valley popular with home buyers.
- Heritage architecture and quaint downtown
- Age-friendly community
- Multiple clubs and organizations
- Interior Provincial Exhibition
- Farmers’ markets
- Theatrical productions
- Outdoor recreation opportunities (hiking, biking, skiing)
- Golf course
- Convenient to world-class downhill and cross-country skiing
- Community Medical Center
- Elementary, middle, and high schools (School District 83 and private school)
- Regional Library Branch
- Community Hall
- Two ice arenas
- Public park with sports courts, skate park
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Regional bus route
- Convenient to Vernon for local hospital, municipal buildings, urban services
Housing options in this community are diverse. In Armstrong, heritage homes on tree-lined streets give way to new strata units and retirement developments, as well as established neighbourhoods with large city lots. In the surrounding Spallumcheen Valley, estate acreages, small farms and vineyards, and large ranches comprise the majority of properties.