Latest News Headlines
- 2017-01-18 FIFTH STRAIGHT YEAR! What an accomplishment! Value Plus 3% Real Estate is STILL the #1 Producing ... Read More
- 2015-10-04 What a wild and wonderful weekend in Seattle for the VP3 gang. Check out the photo! Sideline seats right on ... Read More
- 2015-10-04 Say hi to Sunny! Congratulations to Eric and Janis Fulton of Dawson Creek for the winning ... Read More
Preparing Your Home
Our job at Vernon Plus 3% Real Estate Inc. is to intensely market your home, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and gain the attention of the largest group of buyers as possible.
When you decide to sell your home or property there are certain things you can do prior to listing your house that will increase your marketability and more importantly your bottom line.
The following is small list of tips to make your home ready for listing:
- You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Ensure that your yard is manicured and maintained, that the drive way is free from damage, that exterior paint is not peeling, and your front entry and door is inviting.
- Inspect your roof and ensure shingles are in good shape and gutters are free of debris
- Mow the lawn or shovel the driveway (depending on the season), trim hedges, keep sidewalks clear
- Plant flowers to add colour and beauty, yellow flowers such as marigolds evoke a buying emotion
- De-personalize and de-clutter, if necessary consider renting a storage locker for your extra personal items.
- Wild paint colours will not appeal to everyone, a fresh coat of paint in a neutral colour is a good idea
- Rearrange bedroom closets and kitchen cabinets, an organized home shows better
- Fix Leaky faucets, replace burnt out light bulbs, and any other minor repairs
- Make sure stove, refrigerator and carpets are clean
- Clean windows inside and out, we want the buyers to see the views
- Linger in the doorway of every single room and imagine how your house will look to a buyer.